What do you understand by MACRO? Explain the various conditional constructs used while programming a macro?
– Macro can be considered to be a sequence of instructions to which a name is assigned.
– For short sequence of instructions which are of fixed nature Macros are used.
– They can execute faster as compared to subroutines.
– The MACRO directives are used to inform the assembler the starting of a macro.
– In order to enclose a macro the ENDM directive is used.
– The general format of the MACRO directive is :
Macro Name MACRO ARG1, ARG2 , …..,ARG N.
– To create macro sequences conditional assembly language statements are used. Theses statements control the flow of the program and are variations of the IF-THEN, IF-THEN-ELSE, DO-WHILE, and REPEAT-UNTIL constructs used in high-level language programming languages.