What are the steps taken by 8086 when interrupt comes?
The following steps occur when an interrupt occurs ( both for hardware and software )
– First thing the contents of the flag register the CS and IP are pushed into the stack.
– To disable the single steps and INTR interrupts the TF and IF are cleared.
– The program then jumps to the beginning or starting address of the ISS.
– When the IRET gets executed in the last line ( this occurs at the end of the ISS) the CS and IP flag contents are popped from the stack and placed in the appropriate registers.
– Once all the flags are restored to their original condition the IF and TF are also restored to their previous values