Difference between RPC and RMI
– The remote objects are accessed by the references.
– Implements object to object implementation among different java objects to implement distributed communication model.
– RMI passes the objects as parameters to remote methods.
– RMI invokes the remote methods from the objects.
-RMI can used to invoke methods of an object.
– The process is through methods / functions.
– Proxy server is involved in processing the procedure calls.
– Calls a procedure remotely like invoking the methods.
– The remoteness is not exactly transparent to the client.
– RPC can be used to invoke functions through a proxy functions.